Sofia is a beautiful city, and you will love every view that you cross by. But have you ever thought of keeping some survival tips handy? In my opinion, it’s more than necessary. Get your hands on some informative tips right here before landing into Sofia.
Nothing beats the anxiety + excitement of visiting a new city. But you must keep these emotions aside and get to work. Gather as much information as you can about the new place you will be going to. What is the first thing that pops up in your mind? Is it transportation? If it is so, then rent a car in Sofia to solve this problem. Along with which, let me introduce you to five important tips to religiously follow after you land in Sofia. Some of them are as follows:
1. Avoid trusting just any cab – As I mentioned earlier, a car rental service will be the safest option for you. Because Sofia can be tricky sometimes, fraud taxi scammers are famous to gather around tourists like a honey bee around a beehive. They will charge you close to double, rather more than what they would charge a local.
2. Pre-book – Get to the airport counter after landing, or follow the link at the bottom of the post to get the online reservation details. It will save you tons of time after you land.
3. Take the metro to cover short distances – At around 1.60 leva (0.80£) you will be able to travel in the metro. This is for distances where your rental taxi is unable to take you. This cost-effective and easy technique will again save you a lot of time and money.
4. Avoid bicycle – Taking a bicycle is not a very good idea. It’s better to avoid the two-wheeler because cars dominate this city and you might get hit in a hurry if you are not focused on the streets.
5. You get your food weighed in grams – Never heard of it, right? Me neither. Wherever you go or order your food from, they will let you know how much your food weighs. So it’s better to know some of that information for better understanding.
Do you want a 24/7 car rental service? Contact Val & Kar Rent a Car Bulgaria, they offer quality cars at affordable prices. They have no charges for rebooking; you also get a 5% discount on regular price if you are making reservations. Visit http://www.val-kar.com/en or you can also dial 070019002 to speak to them directly.
Bumper tip: Learn some basic Bulgarian words to get by easily. Example: Blagodariya/merci means ‘’thank you’’. Also, avoid shaking your head. Because in Bulgarian cities, shaking your head means ‘YES’, unknowingly shaking your head can get you in trouble.